Last night the email count was 5 replys, finding out that our toast format has changed back to what we started with. The begining is the easy part, the ending has been found and looks good. Now we need the middle part (ie a story or two). Emails will continue, but on Friday, we will meet face to face to go over what will be said on the day of the toast.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Here is what my schedule looks like leading up till the wedding day.
· get measured for tuxedo
· rehearsal at at 3 West Club
· dinner at at Connolly's Pub
- Meet up Chad in Ben's room at the Club at 3:30pm
- Distribute the boutonnieres to the groomsmen
- Ask guests whether they are family or friends and seat them accordingly.
- Ask guests to please turn off their cellphones, pagers, Blackberries, etc.
- Tell guests to head outside after the ceremony for the bus tour
- Help guests get on the tour buses after the ceremony
- “Information central”: know where the coat check and restrooms are (1st and 4th floors)
- Several speaking lines during handfasting ceremony
- Holds the rings until the ring exchange at the ceremony
- Signs the marriage certificate after the ceremony
- Tips Emily after the ceremony
- Toasts the bride and groom at the reception (with Steve)
- Collect the wedding flutes, unity candles and cupcake tower
- Collects the envelope gifts from the guest table, and brings them back to the apartment
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Friday, March 24, 2006
With the wedding for my little brother arount the corner (April 1st), me (the best man) and Steve the co-best man) have been emailing back and forth with some ideas for the toast to the happy couple. (I am not putting anything here, my brother may see it and be scared to show up ;-) )
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Friday, March 10, 2006
Today at work the computers systems kept on crashing. While on a call they would go down and then given a little time they were available again. Only to go down again. Thank god today was a half day for me. At lunch, I left leaving any system problem to be fixed (I hope) by Monday.
Monday, March 06, 2006
Saturday, March 04, 2006
With a knock on the door, I found out that I get to move and be out by month end. They are remodeling my unit and the surrounding units. Good news is that I will not have to move that far. Over in B building they are finishing up some of the remodeling (ie new carpets, appliances, floors, etc.) and I will be moving in at the end of the month. On a side note there is the wedding at the end of the month. I am going to see about moving in on the next following weekend. The rent is higher, the location is good for the walk to work and the recent pay rase helps the the rase in rent.