Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Review: Inn-Fighting

I picked up Inn-Fighting: D&D Dice Game at PAX 2008. I spotted a demo going and it looked good, so I picked it up at the booth they had there. One half month later, I am in New York with family playing the game for the first time. Well I am sorry to say the fist time we played, we played it wrong. We over looked tow little rules that did make a difference. We decided to give it another try, this time doing it right.
For the game, the box says for ages 12+ and is good for 3 to 6 players. My nephew is 11 and he had no problems with the game (he is close to the age range on the box). There were 3 of us playing and it worked great. I was balanced, so that there was no ganging up on one player and there is no cooperation going on. Like in a bar fight, you are in it for yourself.
One thing the box does not say is how long the game would take. For the games we played, for 3 players, I would say it would take from 1 to 2 hours for a normal game and a little more for a first game. For more players, I could guess it would take longer for each added player.

For a Dungeons & Dragon feel and a good 3 player game. I would give this 4 stars out of 5.

Inn-Fighting

No comments: