Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The state of the game questionaire.

Here is the 2nd email on the state of game of out Hero game we are currently in. My answeres are in red type.

Gentlemen,

It is that time again. Time for your thoughts and comments. I am
BCC'ing everyone again to keep thoughts private.

Character maintenance:

Do you like where you character is right now (as in its development)?
Yes I do.

What new things are you interested in for your character?
As a change, maybe a new little power that we my have. Maybe something strange.

Player's Thoughts:

Just wanted to get some feedback from you two on several things. Sort of a pick-your-brain type of thing. The following are not in any sort of order, just how they came out of my brain:

1. (Most important to me) Are you having fun? Yes I am.
a. What do you like? The story is good, with a battle here and there.
b. What do you hate? Liver. Oh, about the game. Very little. Nothing come to mind at this time.
c. Is there something that can be added, removed, or done
differently to make the game more fun for you? Just to toss out something, maybe have metal be a little more available, so they could be used a little more. The blacksmith and armorer skill will not get to much use. Also maybe some people have a minor power or small ability they could use or have to have a little magic in the area. It posable there is something in the water.

2. Plot hooks. The way I have been running it right now is pretty
controlling of where you go and what happens. At this point, I like the some what controlling path.
a. What things that have happened, or have heard about, in the game did you want to explore in greater detail? A large city is good to explore, and there is those pesky wizards we could pay a visit to. How about the pesky bandits.
b. Any sort of side plots would you like to see in exploring something about or for your character. Some side quest on Vaden's family.
c. Did you still want me to lead you more often that not? Do you want to pursue your own opportunities? Or is there some sort of middle ground that you two want? I like the way it has gone so far along the path you have given us so far.

3. Game mechanics. Rules that we are using in the game.
a. Any rules that you read about (especially the optional ones)
that you want me to include? I am happy with the rule we have currently.
b. Anything in the rules that do not make sense to you? Or that
you think that they is a different interpretation? Nothing that comes to mind. As the item come up in the game, I will give out my 2 cents.
c. Anything that you think is just plain dumb? Nothing that comes to mind at this time.

4. Did you have any other thoughts or comments? How a board game night sometime. Not to replace a RPG day, maybe a Sunday or Wednesday? Or if a break is needed, this is a option.

Thank you for all of your help and for playing in my game.

Norm.

Dice

No comments: